Experiencing the Jazz Crawl with your friends, family, and colleagues is a bonding experience like none other. Assemble a ‘Mini-Krewe’ of 6+ people for freebies, “parade throws”, and the chance to lead the parade with the banners and premium parasols as a group contest winner!
- Group Costume Contests
- Best Carnival Krewe: Most festive/vibrantly dressed group.
- Best Marching Club: Best group costume theme.
- Best Pleasure Club: Most color coordinated group.
- Super Krewe: Largest group in costume.
- Parade Throws
- Beads: Extra beads to give out to people during parade.
- Flower Stick: Bouquet of memorial carnations to hand out to people during parade.
We import Carnival items from the same local New Orleans businesses that supply the Mardi Gras Krewes. We also have handmade parasols that can be custom ordered with colors and graphics.
- Carnival Krewe Items
- $10/each on day of the event.
- Specialty beads, feather boas, parade hats, and Mardi Gras masks.
- Color Requests
- Most of the SWAG will be purple and gold, but you can request colors.
- Items are first-come, first-served unless you pay $5 to ‘Reserve Colors’.
- Parade Parasols
- Assorted parasols will be available at the event for $25 or online for $15.
- Custom parasols are available if purchased by March 14th.
We offer memorial tribute options to recognize the New Orleans second-line tradition as a celebration of life. Make an ‘Add-On Donation’ along with your purchase of a ticket to enter into the 4-Night NOLA Getaway Drawing. Extra entries during ‘Early-Bird’ period (ends March 6th).
- $25 Parade Tribute
- Photo Commemoration
- $100 Instrument Tribute
- Instrument Donation Engraving
- Instrument Donation
- We will find a home for any instruments in working condition.
We are giving away 4-night accommodations in a downtown luxury condo in New Orleans. There will be a drawing at the event, and possibly a drawing or two at promotional parties leading up to April 14th. Get in early to have more chances to win!
- Buy ‘Early-Bird’ Ticket
- Each ‘Early-Bird’ ticket purchase will earn an entry.
- Extra entry for sharing on Facebook after purchase.
- Be sure to tag @jazzcrawl for our records!
- Make Add-On Donation
- Add a ‘Memorial Tribute’ to your ticket order and receive 2 entries for each $25 donated.
- Make Donation at Event
- Make a ‘Memorial Tribute’ donation at the event and receive 1 entry for each $25 donated.
There is no official dress code, but we encourage people to get in the Carnival spirit and participate in some of our festive costume contests.
- Wear ‘Royal Purple’
- To be eligible for ‘Royal Crowning’ contest.
- Wear Vibrant Colors
- To bring the parade to life.
- Dress as a Group
- Contest for best theme.
- Contest for color coordination.
- Contest for most vibrant.
- Choose a Character
- Dress up like someone!
Due to the capacity of the Gibbes Museum Garden, there is a limited amount of tickets available for the event. If the Carnival Party doesn’t sell out, tickets will be available at the door. The prices will be determined by supply.
A reward for joining the parade Krewe early! Early Bird ticket prices start at $25, and they will include extra perks and giveaways. The current ‘Early Bird’ sales period runs from Tuesday 2/19 – Wednesday 3/6, the day after Mardi Gras (Ash Wednesday).
We import Carnival items from the same local New Orleans businesses used by Mardi Gras parade Krewes. We also have handmade parasols that can be custom ordered with colors and graphics.
- Carnival Items
- Redeemable with $5 Lagniappe Token.
- Specialty beads, feather boas, parade hats, masquerade masks, and parasols.
- Color Requests
- Most of the SWAG will be purple and gold, but you can request colors for a group.
- Send an email to email@example.com.
- Parade Parasols
- Parasols will be available at the event and online for pick-up purchases.
- Custom branded parasols are available for group orders.
A portion of event proceeds and 100% of all GoFundMe donations go into the Jazz Crawl Second-Line Fund, which puts instruments in the hands of aspiring music students and supports the participation of New Orleans artists, youth groups, and cultural ambassadors at the Jazz Crawl.
Donations of $25+ made to the GoFundMe campaign are eligible for tax-deduction. A 501(c)3 tax-exemption receipt is available by e-mail request.
You can help us spread the #SecondLineMagic in a number of different ways!
- Make a Memorial Donation
- $25 Second-Line Tribute – Parade Commemoration
- $100 First-Line Tribute – Parade Commemoration + Instrument Engraving
- We use GoFundMe to process our donations and tribute submissions.
- Donate an Instrument
- We will find a good home for any instruments in working condition.
- If it’s brass we’ll even show you pictures of the thankful recipient!
- Join the Krewe!
- Follow us and share our content on social media.
- Introduce us to potential sponsors, artists, educators, or influential figures.
- Volunteer to help with promotional events – trust us, you’ll have fun!
Upon arrival you will have the option of buying ‘Lagniappe Tokens’ for $5 each. The tokens will get you a variety of food, drinks, and promotional items. There will also be a showcase of local visual artists and fashion designers selling items to help raise money for the Second-Line Fund.
In Southern Louisiana, ‘Lagniappe’ /ˌlanˈyap/ is an unexpected small gift or bonus given to a customer as a compliment for their loyalty. It’s widely used in New Orleans to describe “a little something extra”. The sale of Lagniappe Tokens (Mardi Gras Doubloons) at the Jazz Crawl work like tickets you get at a county fair. You can use them for food, drink, parade items, and more.
Yes, we will have the ‘Square’ app, so ‘Lagniappe Tokens’ (food/drink tickets) can be purchased with cash or credit card. Memorial tribute donations are made through our GoFundMe campaign site online. There may be additional vendors at the event accepting payments their own way.