The event starts with a private party that showcases the history of New Orleans music through interactive performances and cultural demonstrations. NOLA inspired cuisine, cocktails, and art are showcased as everyone gets in the festive mood with costume contests and a “Royal Coronation”.
- “Lagniappe Tokens”: $5 tokens (Mardi Gras doubloons) are used to purchase food, drinks, and other items at the party.
Parading in festive regalia is a favorite past-time of New Orleans. Assemble or join a Krewe of 6 or more and help vitalize the parade with matching attire, colors, or a costume theme. It’s a great bonding experience to share with your social circles!
- Krewe Offers: Discounts, freebies, and other perks are offered based on the size of your krewe.
- Krewe Themes: Designate a distinctive attire, color scheme, or costume theme for your krewe to follow.
Crowning ‘Royalty’ for parades is a common tradition in New Orleans and a high honor among Mardi Gras Krewes and the neighborhood Social Aid & Pleasure Clubs. The Jazz Crawl follows this tradition by randomly electing a King, Queen, Dukes, and Maids to lead the annual parade with the band.
- How to Enter: Wear purple!
- Random Drawing: The best dressed men and women wearing purple will be given a rose or doubloon with a concealed marking. After an announcement everyone unwraps their item to reveal the “Royal Court of the Krewe”.
Parade accessories are imported from the same local New Orleans businesses that supply the Mardi Gras Krewes. We also offer handmade parasols that can be custom ordered with colors and graphics for larger groups.
- Parade Items: Specialty beads, feather boas, parade hats, parasols, and Mardi Gras Masks.
- Online Purchasing: You can purchase parade items online at a discount and also request certain colors.
- Promo Code Items: Some “Super-Krewes” will be offering branded parade SWAG and accessories for people that join their krewe.
We offer “Memorial Tribute” options to recognize the New Orleans second-line parade’s origination as a celebration of life at “Jazz Funerals”. It’s a great way to highlight the tradition’s history so that people leave the Jazz Crawl knowing more about the energetic brass parades they see on the streets of New Orleans or weddings across the country.
- $25 Parade Tribute: The tribute will recognize the name, life-span, and a photo of the deceased at the event, online, and in the parade with “Memorial Carnations” given out to onlookers.
- $100 Brass Tribute: Each instrument donation we make is presented in memory of a loved one with their name engraved in the brass and a commemorative certificate.
- Instrument Donations:We will find a home for any instruments in working condition. Donors are given the option for a “Parade Tribute”.
*Crowdfunding Campaign Launches in September