Support our local instrument donations and cultural preservation efforts as a tribute to loved ones that have passed. Donate to the Jazz Crawl Second-Line Fund today!
CELEBRATION OF LIFE
We offer memorial tribute options to recognize the New Orleans second-line tradition’s origination as a celebration of life at Jazz Funerals. Make an ‘Add-On Donation’ along with your purchase of a ticket to enter into the 4-Night NOLA Getaway Drawing. Extra entries during ‘Early-Bird’ period (ends March 6th).
- $25 Parade Tribute
- Photo Commemoration
- $100 Instrument Tribute
- Instrument Donation Engraving
- Instrument Donation
- We will find a home for any instruments in working condition.
We will find a home for any instruments in working condition. If it’s a brass instrument you’ll even have the opportunity to see photos of the student be surprised with their gift. Contact us if you’re interested in learning more!
The Jazz Crawl is more than a fun New Orleans style party. It’s a unique way to learn about the history and culture behind New Orleans music and parading traditions. The Second-Line Fund allows us to support the participation of more cultural artists and ambassadors at the event.
We are hoping to broaden our philanthropic impact with the development of the Jazz Crawlers program: music, dance, and cultural curriculums with partnering educators. Giving students the opportunity to perform at the Jazz Crawl and join in the parade will provide a memorable hands-on cultural experience.
- Youth Brass Bands
- Youth Dancers
- Youth Choirs
A portion of event proceeds and 100% of all GoFundMe donations go into the Jazz Crawl Second-Line Fund, which puts instruments in the hands of aspiring music students and supports the participation of New Orleans artists, youth groups, and cultural ambassadors at the Jazz Crawl.
Donations of $25+ made to the GoFundMe campaign are eligible for tax-deduction. A 501(c)3 tax-exemption receipt is available by e-mail request.
You can help us spread the #SecondLineMagic in a number of different ways!
- Make a Memorial Donation
- $25 Second-Line Tribute – Parade Commemoration
- $100 First-Line Tribute – Parade Commemoration + Instrument Engraving
- We use GoFundMe to process our donations and tribute submissions.
- Donate an Instrument
- We will find a good home for any instruments in working condition.
- If it’s brass we’ll even show you pictures of the thankful recipient!
- Join the Krewe!
- Follow us and share our content on social media.
- Introduce us to potential sponsors, artists, educators, or influential figures.
- Volunteer to help with promotional events – trust us, you’ll have fun!
A ‘Dirge’ is the soulful and solemn portion of a Jazz Funeral parade that mourns and pays respect to the life lost. The second-line parade then turns into an upbeat and joyful celebration of the life. At the Jazz Crawl you can make a donation to honor the name and memory of loved ones through a ‘Dirge’ parade commemoration or an engraved instrument donation.